REZISTANCE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal 2...

+4
ZenPhoenix
StormChazer
TrentSteele
Noodz
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Portal 2... Empty Portal 2...

Post  Noodz Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Man, i can't fucking wait for this game, looks fantastic and co-op mode is going to be great.
I found a bunch of videos showing new features/mechanics and thought i'd share them with you (and a couple of other vids).

Also, the character Wheatly who was voiced by Noel Fielding in the original teaser video is now being voiced by Stephen Merchant.

Last edited by Noodz on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noodz
Noodz
What da fuck are you lookin' at?!

Back to top Go down

Portal 2... Empty Re: Portal 2...

Post  Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm so GLaD!

Back to top Go down

Post  TrentSteele Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:17 pm

this is probably THE upcoming game i look most forward to :3
TrentSteele
TrentSteele
AKs, Sex and Chips!

Back to top Go down

Post  Noodz Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Now available for Pre-order

Noodz
Noodz

Back to top Go down

Post  StormChazer Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 pm

This is gonna be awesum, I loved the first Portal. Although it was way too small (I passed it in 2 hours). Hope this 1 is gonna take longer to beat.
StormChazer
StormChazer
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZenPhoenix Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Yea, I really liked Portal and not just because I got it for free!
those extra maps to get the achievements are a though nut to crack though. (didn't get them all)
ZenPhoenix
ZenPhoenix
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZenPhoenix Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:48 pm

StormChazer wrote:This is gonna be awesum, I loved the first Portal. Although it was way too small (I passed it in 2 hours). Hope this 1 is gonna take longer to beat.

I've read bout it in a gamemag and it should be bout 5 times as big. so roughly 15 hours worth. yet, Coop will add some hours to it.
ZenPhoenix
ZenPhoenix
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Noodz Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:55 pm

ZenMonk3y wrote:
StormChazer wrote:This is gonna be awesum, I loved the first Portal. Although it was way too small (I passed it in 2 hours). Hope this 1 is gonna take longer to beat.

I've read bout it in a gamemag and it should be bout 5 times as big. so roughly 15 hours worth. yet, Coop will add some hours to it.

Yeah, i've read some of the review/previews about the co-op, it's not just a tacked on extra but almost a whole game in itself. Most co-op games are just a harder version of single player, where one person normally does the major work and the other is carried. Apparently in this you actually do need to work together or you won't get far. Voice communication is almost essential, although they have added a system so that you can mark where to place portals for the other person.

Having 4 Portals available to you is going to make some seriously tough puzzles.
Noodz
Noodz

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkonios Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Noodz wrote:
ZenMonk3y wrote:

Yeah, i've read some of the review/previews about the co-op, it's not just a tacked on extra but almost a whole game in itself. Most co-op games are just a harder version of single player, where one person normally does the major work and the other is carried. Apparently in this you actually do need to work together or you won't get far. Voice communication is almost essential, although they have added a system so that you can mark where to place portals for the other person.

Having 4 Portals available to you is going to make some seriously tough puzzles.

i thought you still only had 2 portals one person had the blue and the other had the orange?
Arkonios
Arkonios
OFFICER

Back to top Go down

Post  ZenPhoenix Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Arkonios wrote:
Noodz wrote:
ZenMonk3y wrote:

i thought you still only had 2 portals one person had the blue and the other had the orange?

No that is incorrect, you both will have 2 portals (you will have red and blue, the other orange and purple) which gives 4 portal-puzzels aka hard ones.
ZenPhoenix
ZenPhoenix
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  StormChazer Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 pm

ZenMonk3y wrote:
Arkonios wrote:
Noodz wrote:
ZenMonk3y wrote:

No that is incorrect, you both will have 2 portals (you will have red and blue, the other orange and purple) which gives 4 portal-puzzels aka hard ones.
That's awesum!
StormChazer
StormChazer
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZenPhoenix Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:03 pm

ye, 4 portal-coop will be fun untill you get a douchebag that doesn't really want to work with you and sends you to your death. ^^ now that'll be awesome!
ZenPhoenix
ZenPhoenix
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Noodz Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:14 pm

ZenMonk3y wrote:ye, 4 portal-coop will be fun untill you get a douchebag that doesn't really want to work with you and sends you to your death. ^^ now that'll be awesome!

I saw a video of some reviewers and the devs playing co-op, they said it's actually pretty fun doing stuff like that, dropping the other player into holes, redirecting lasers/turrets at the other player etc, they've included emotes so if you kill the other person you can stand their laughing and pointing at them.
Noodz
Noodz

Back to top Go down

Post  ZenPhoenix Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Noodz wrote:
ZenMonk3y wrote:ye, 4 portal-coop will be fun untill you get a douchebag that doesn't really want to work with you and sends you to your death. ^^ now that'll be awesome!

I saw a video of some reviewers and the devs playing co-op, they said it's actually pretty fun doing stuff like that, dropping the other player into holes, redirecting lasers/turrets at the other player etc, they've included emotes so if you kill the other person you can stand their laughing and pointing at them.
of course it will be! I mean:
Me:"K, Noodz you shoot your red portal over there and i'll place my purple here, so when you jump down into your blue, i'll place my orange in the far back so you can do your triple axel, double backflip to land on that platform surrounded by poison and press the button to open this door."
Noodz:"ok, that sounds about right"
Me:"Muahaha..."
Noodz:"did you say something?"
M:"nope, go ahead man!"
Noodz:"ok in 3...2..1! Humpff!"
We now see Noodz soaring to his Blue Portal -Zap- flies out of the Purple across the room -Zap- coming out the Red with High Velocity! But wait! something has gone wrong! Now Noodz is spinning out of control towards the last and Orange portal! HE'S IN! He's safe! for a split second that thought has gone through Noodz' mind but then he sees the platform above him... or below him.... Is he Still upside down? yes he is! He didn't complete his rotation! With the platform rapidly moving underneath him Noodz starts to Flail like a Tazered Squid only to realize a sound filling the Room. The sound of something banging and rolling on metal and laughter. Most of all the laughter and then the inevitable SPLaSHsHsshsHSHsh!!!
Me:"Told you I could make it happen GLaDOS!"
GLaDOS:"True, True. Extra points for style and his last facial expression!"

so yea, it'll be fun!
ZenPhoenix
ZenPhoenix
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  StormChazer Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 am

Downloading this atm. It got some pretty darn good reviews. There's just 1 annoying thing that happened to me. I checked onlinekeystore for this game and couldn't find it, so I just bought it directly through steam for 50 bucks and now that I already bought it, I decided to check ohk again and there's the steam version of portal 2 in the front page for 30€ Neutral
StormChazer
StormChazer
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Noodz Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:38 am

Shit, forgot it was released today. Gonna have to go get my Portal on.
Noodz
Noodz

Back to top Go down

Post  ZenPhoenix Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:16 pm

guess i'll have to run to the shop this week to go get it...
ZenPhoenix
ZenPhoenix
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Noodz Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Great game, the ending song isn't as good as 'Still Alive' but it's still pretty catchy.
Anyone up for some co-op?
Noodz
Noodz

Back to top Go down

Post  TrentSteele Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:20 pm

i played it utill 6 am today. is niice
TrentSteele
TrentSteele
AKs, Sex and Chips!

Back to top Go down

Post  Noodz Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:45 pm

JeromeJackson wrote:i played it utill 6 am today. is niice

Single or Co-Op?
From what i've read its best to play the co-op for the first time with someone else who's never played it as half of the fun is working out how to solve the puzzles.

Last edited by Noodz on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noodz
Noodz

Back to top Go down

Post  TrentSteele Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:55 pm

singleplayer, doing some coop today. and anyway i think the have different puzzles that would only work in coop, so except the mechanics themselves i think coop will be quite different.
TrentSteele
TrentSteele
AKs, Sex and Chips!

Back to top Go down

Post  Noodz Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:00 pm

JeromeJackson wrote:singleplayer, doing some coop today. and anyway i think the have different puzzles that would only work in coop, so except the mechanics themselves i think coop will be quite different.

Yeah, it's completely different, i meant it's best to play co-op for the first time with somebody else who hasn't played co-op yet.
Noodz
Noodz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ehlak Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Been playing quite a bit of single player aswell. Awesome game.
Ehlak
Ehlak

Back to top Go down

Post  StormChazer Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Completed the singleplayer yesterday and quite far on co-op. It's a really nice game indeed, and the cross platform system is usually fun. Although my first experience playing with a ps3 gamer was somewhat lame. I heard some 7 year old german kid who kept talking to his dad nonstop and then some other annoying sounds in the background(blender etc).

Last edited by StormChazer on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
StormChazer
StormChazer
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum