REZISTANCE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terraria [Minecraft with more Action]

+4
Ehlak
Gobb
DR. HEXTZ
Darlas
8 posters

Go down

Terraria [Minecraft with more Action] Empty Terraria [Minecraft with more Action]

Post  Darlas Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Hey guys,

Wanted to say that Terraria got a realease date *yaaay!* its Monday 16th on Steam.

Terraria is a 2d Minecraft you can say but with a huge more action and well - you can keep your inventory cross servers (up to i think 8 people multiplayer).

I'm only excited because it have all i wanted in minecraft and it doesn't feel that boring like only placing blocks and fighting poor zombies (only creepers in minecraft still jizzing me my pants).

I got a gameplay trailer [lets play] from a guy - if you watch it you know what i wanted to say Smile

If anyone of you planning on getting this game i really want to play mp with you then Wink

See you on the streetz,

Darlas

The Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz6sZjvxa8U&feature=feedu
Darlas
Darlas
AKs, Sex and Chips!

Back to top Go down

Terraria [Minecraft with more Action] Empty Re: Terraria [Minecraft with more Action]

Post  DR. HEXTZ Fri May 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Lame!
DR. HEXTZ
DR. HEXTZ
RIGHT HAND OF GOD

Back to top Go down

Terraria [Minecraft with more Action] Empty Re: Terraria [Minecraft with more Action]

Post  Gobb Fri May 13, 2011 8:17 pm

DR. HEXTZ wrote:Lame!

graphics whoring on the 2d?
Gobb
Gobb
G-King'z Dealer

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/kyubey

Back to top Go down

Post  Darlas Fri May 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Well not everyone must like it
Darlas
Darlas
AKs, Sex and Chips!

Back to top Go down

Post  DR. HEXTZ Fri May 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Gobb wrote:
DR. HEXTZ wrote:Lame!

graphics whoring on the 2d?

So? Lmao.

I play minecraft, a game with the shittiest graphics imaginable and It's hella fun. I bet if it was first person I'd play it, anything where you can build shit in is fun imo, and if you can kill shit aswell omg boner-riffic.
DR. HEXTZ
DR. HEXTZ
RIGHT HAND OF GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  Gobb Fri May 13, 2011 11:49 pm

any info on price for it?
Gobb
Gobb
G-King'z Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  DR. HEXTZ Fri May 13, 2011 11:58 pm

10$ Steam

May 16th
DR. HEXTZ
DR. HEXTZ
RIGHT HAND OF GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  Ehlak Sat May 14, 2011 1:38 am

Looks insanely boring. Razz
Ehlak
Ehlak
What da fuck are you lookin' at?!

Back to top Go down

Post  Gobb Sat May 14, 2011 1:54 am

if its 10$ and not 10€ here i might check it out... minecraft needed humongous monsters
Gobb
Gobb
G-King'z Dealer

Back to top Go down

Terraria [Minecraft with more Action] Empty Terraria (RPG-ish 2D, minecraft-inspired)

Post  Sunspots Tue May 24, 2011 10:11 am

Anyone tried?
I got it after some good reviews, I felt I wanted something a bit different from Minecraft.
The crafting is more in-depth and there are NPCs, bosses and stuff. It's more of an RPG.
http://www.terrariaonline.com/
Sunspots
Sunspots
OFFICER

Back to top Go down

Post  Noodz Tue May 24, 2011 10:26 am

I've got it, it's interesting, but I just can't get into it.
You have a lot of freedom but at the same time it feels quite linear. Like there's a specific way to get the best items etc.

For example, you need to get T1 armor to take on one of the huge monsters, the monster will drop something that you need to set you on your way to get your T2 armor, once you've got that you can take on a tougher monster and get something for T3 etc.

If you just want to play around, make a house, do some mining, then you'll get raped.

EDIT: Also, there's a topic on this about 5 posts down.
Noodz
Noodz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunspots Tue May 24, 2011 10:31 am

Yeah, and the exploration is quite slow since you can basically only go in three directions (left, right and down.
You will much quicker dig out all of the environment around you, just to find resources.
(that's what I get for now keeping updated, threads merged)
Sunspots
Sunspots
OFFICER

Back to top Go down

Post  Noodz Tue May 24, 2011 10:45 am

Sunspots wrote:Yeah, and the exploration is quite slow since you can basically only go in three directions (left, right and down.
You will much quicker dig out all of the environment around you, just to find resources.
(that's what I get for now keeping updated, threads merged)

Actually you can go up too, apparently if you go left or right once you're about 400m up then you will eventually find some sky islands that have good loots on.

It's got some really good features, i just can't get into it.
The crafting system is a lot more indepth, you can eventually craft rocket boots and laser guns and you can craft a Grappling Hook quite early to make climibing easier.
Noodz
Noodz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunspots Tue May 24, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm guessing it's time for us to try on making our own server...
Sunspots
Sunspots
OFFICER

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 24, 2011 9:50 pm

I really liked this game, played it for around 15 hours then my character was close to max and I got tired of it:\

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunspots Wed May 25, 2011 9:43 am

Try joining my server on:
rezterra.no-ip.org

password: rezist

Please! Only new characters.
Sunspots
Sunspots
OFFICER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sperminator Wed May 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Is that a crack server or a regular?
Sperminator
Sperminator
Gunpowder Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunspots Wed May 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Regular one...
Sunspots
Sunspots
OFFICER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunspots Thu May 26, 2011 12:50 am

Just played around a bit, this game is way too easy to hack.
You can just edit your local worlds' chests with a map editor, pick it up with your character and then move the items into any server you want.
Sunspots
Sunspots
OFFICER

Back to top Go down

Post  DR. HEXTZ Thu May 26, 2011 1:45 am

Sweet! err I mean.. Oh no!
DR. HEXTZ
DR. HEXTZ
RIGHT HAND OF GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  Darlas Sat May 28, 2011 1:51 am

Yep its easy to hack :/
But if you played it 1 time legit it is boring as hell.
It was fun the first and second time but then ... its like diablo 2 without the items.
Yes you can make another "random*" world but its still boring.

*Random - i have to laugh about it.
Dungeon right or left - Sky Island in the middle - Underground Jungle right left.
No Exploration after 1 Corruption there is another and so on until you come to the end with watter.

It looked fun and was entertaining on the videos and the game idea was great.
But i think its another game that you play through 1 or maybe 2 times and bored of it.
After you get your Full Meteroid set and about 70 HP Pots you "imba" and no-one can kill you except you take a bath in lava.

The makers of the game idk what they do they release a small patch with 1 item in it.
Think they promised to much "big update after release of the game with 100 of new items" like minecraft did.
Minecraft is the best story, after hitting beta and hiring a buch of people they make a cardgame scratch releaseing bugged updates and stuff *ugh*.

Well the time will tell how terraria will come around.
It's still the most played game on steam around the clock, even more people play this then counterstrike Very Happy
Darlas
Darlas
AKs, Sex and Chips!

Back to top Go down

Post  TrentSteele Sat May 28, 2011 2:23 am

well from what i can tell, after watching a couple of videos.
this game is not for me. it may be minecraft with more action, but also less creativity and building, which is what got me hooked to that. it might be fun for a little while in multi though.
TrentSteele
TrentSteele
AKs, Sex and Chips!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunspots Sat May 28, 2011 5:44 pm

My server is up again, gonna give it another spin... It's quite dull though, mostly just farming shit.
Dunno what to do next.
Sunspots
Sunspots
OFFICER

Back to top Go down

Post  Gobb Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:25 pm

grabbed it off the halloween sale
Gobb
Gobb
G-King'z Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum